Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, December 6, 2010

It Actually Snowed Today

After church this morning we decided to drive to the mountains to see some snow.  It was snowing lightly where we live, but in the mountains we could tell it was snowing much more.  My sister, Jan, is here, and she's from Florida, so she wanted to see more than just a few flakes falling and melting on the road, so we loaded up and drove towards Cades Cove in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park - it's only about 30 miles away.  When we got into the higher elevations, the snow started coming down harder and it was laying on the ground pretty good too.  So pretty!  We had a great time just driving around the Loop and looking for wildlife.  There were quite a few other people up there looking for the same thing, so traffic was kind of slow.  There were some bears out in a field, and all the tourists were grabbing their cameras and walking out towards them, but we knew better.  The park ranger was  nearby to make sure no one got too close.  Wherever you see a ranger, you know there are bears nearby, because they don't want any "incidents".  We did see wild turkey and deer also.  The old timers here say if the deer are dark in the winter, it's going to be really cold.  All the deer were pretty dark.  Brrrrr!

On the drive back towards town we got caught up in a small town's Christmas parade,  so we decided to stop in a restaurant by the road and have a snack.  That saved us from sitting in a long line of traffic for an hour.

Well, My sister and I finished the corner of my scraproom that we were working on, and I will upload the video.  I've also got a photo of my fireplace mantle that I've decorated for Christmas, so I'm going to upload that also.  Look for them below the ad following this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment