Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Carding Using the Imagine

Hi Everyone,
I'm back at my crowded workstation actually creating this morning, since I was thwarted over the week-end without my "tools", and my supper is already in the crock pot! This morning I created a Happy Birthday card using my Imagine machine - yes, I finally got up the nerve to actually create something with it! Here are the instructions:
1. Cut 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock in half and use one of the halves to make the card. I used pink cardstock.
2. Cut mat of your choice 1/4" smaller than the front of the card
3. I used the Cricut Imagine More Cards cartridge, the first image in the book.
4. I changed the color of the brown plate in the image to an old Stampin' Up color, "Tempting Turquoise". To do that, you change the RGB code in the editing mode to R-74, G-231, B-248. I had gone on the Stampin' Up website and downloaded their color code chart because some of their colors are just wonderful. It's easy to get the color you want that way, instead of having to tinker around with the color wheel in the edit mode of the machine. Give it a try if you have the Imagine.
5. I cut the image in layers, and glued the turquoise plate right on the Happy Birthday mat. Then I glued the cupcake together and pop-dotted it on the blue plate. I added gold glitter to the candle.
6. I added some pink rick-rack at the top.
7. The stamp is from My Pink Stamper's Fruit and Veggie Puns.

Now go ahead and make something creative today and then tell me about it. Talk to you later.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

DIANA L. said...

That is such a cute card.TFS
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

The Crazy Cardmaker said...

Really pretty. Got to say i love your topbanner. I scrapbook, therefor i am...broke. That is just so suitable =P

Hugs from Lilli =)
l.a.nikolaisen at gmail dot com
www.crazycardmaker.blogspot.com

The Busy Bug said...

Adorable card...TFS. Head on over to my blog for an awesome Cricut giveaway! Bug Hugs!

Cassie said...

Cute! Come visit me!!
www.hobbymommycreations.com

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Super YUMMY card!! Good luckon the challenge!

Big Time Stamper Want to Be said...

Cute card!

Teresa

Post a Comment