Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Remember When........



Do you remember the first page you ever officially scrapped? Well, this is mine. One Sunday afternoon in 1996, I was invited to a Creative Memories Party by a younger member of our church. I thought, "A Scrapbooking party? How silly! What's wrong with the old cheap magnetic albums that are yellowing all my good photos?" We were told to bring 8-10 pictures and a pair of scissors, so off I went. It never even dawned on me to bring pictures related to one day's or event's activities. I just brought a bunch of random pictures. Well, once I got ahold of those nifty scissors that made scallops and those shaped templates, I was totally hooked! And who hasn't first fallen in love with Mrs. Grossman's stickers? I was from Florida and I fell in love with those palm tree stickers. You mean it's O.K. to cut out background items from your photos? Oh my! Needless to say, this is where my impulse buying got started, and pretty soon I found out there were other scrapbooking companies out there. And then I discovered Michael's, and THEN they built a Hobby Lobby in our town. You know how it goes, because all of you have been there. Through it all, though, I've hated my handwriting and doing the journaling by hand, so I gradually started doing that on the computer. I'll show some more of my pages as my scrapbooking skills improved. There was a whole break in a year or so where I didn't scrapbook, as I was battling breast cancer. I wish I had some pictures of that time, but I have very few. That'll be another blog. Hope you had a good day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Oh wow!! I remember those days and I use to do everything old school LOL!! I didn't have all the cool gadgets we have now and if there was I was to young and couldn't afford to buy them LOL!!! Good old times right?
Thanks for sharing:)

Post a Comment