Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, January 3, 2011


This is the card I designed for My Pink Stamper's Design Team Contest.  We had to design a card, scrapbook page or other similar project using the colors pink, brown, and green, plus one other color of our choice.  I chose black.  Of course, I and all the other 1,000 people who probably entered, have delusions of grandeur that "I might be one of the lucky ones she chooses". I would love to be on the design team for anything pertaining to scrapbooking, cards, etc. Here are the instructions for this card:

The base card is A.C. Moore brown paper. The card measures 6" X 5". (The 2nd envelope in George and Basic Shapes cut "fit to page" is the perfect size envelope for this card, incidentally.)
The green matt paper also is from A.C. Moore stock. It measures approximately 5 3/4" x 4 3/4".
My "other color choice" was black, and this is a scrap from a DCWV glittered black and white card stock. It measures 4 1/2" x 3"
The two light pink stars are both cut from George and Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge at 4". This was a glossy (although you can't tell it in the photo) piece of pink cardstock that was in the giveaway pile at a crop I went to.
The "girl" was cut at 2 1/2" from the Graphically Speaking cartridge using Leaving Prints hot pink cardstock.
"Way to Go" was cut at 1 3/4" from the George and Basic Shapes cartridge, also using the Leaving Prints hot pink cardstock.
The ribbon is from Paper Trey Ink, and I used Stickles to give the word "girl" some sparkle.

This little project took me hours, as I had designed it on the Gypsy, and then I couldn't get the Gypsy to work on either my Expression or my Imagine. So, then I had to go back and re-figure which cartridges I had used and hunt them up, along with the key pads. Most annoying. Rest assured, I will be on the phone to ProvoCraft tomorrow, so I can get my Gypsy back up to par again. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my project and lengthy post.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Staying Crafty said...

This turned out adorable! :)

laurakim said...

Thanks so much. I appreciate your kind comment.

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

So cute!!! Good Luck!!! -Sam :-)

p.s. I'm a new blog follower :-)

Post a Comment