Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, January 14, 2011

Went Shopping At JoAnn's Fabrics Today. Fun!!

This morning was a time of beauty for me, as I had a hair appt. and got my eyebrows waxed.  That always makes me feel so much better about life!  Then my BFF Sharon called and asked me to go shopping at Jo Ann's Fabrics with her.  I had already been contemplating about which of my favorite craft stores to go to, so naturally, I decided to go with Sharon.  I bought a lot of paper, mainly DCWV stacks and 8-1/2" x 11" colored papers to make my cards with.  I also bought some bling and Gem Tac to add some sparkle to my cards.  All in all, these little purchased did about 90.00 dollars worth of damage, which is actually not too bad considering my last purchases there.  Now I'm about ready to get serious about scrapping my Christmas pictures and some snow pictures I took last week - it's still around, but it's not very pretty anymore. 

Right in the middle of our shopping spree I got a phone call from my DH, who asked me if I knew what day it was.  I said, "Of course I do, it's Thursday".  When he asked me again, I realized it was our anniversary, and both of us had totally forgotten until our daughter in Florida called him to wish us Happy Anniversary!  That's what happens when you've been married for 43 years - one day is just like another, and you forget to celebrate the special ones.  I felt terrible, and I think he did too, so I cut my shopping trip short and met him to eat at Cheddar's for a really nice dinner.  I even managed to pick up a card at Jo Ann's to give to him.  Let this be a lesson to all - never get so caught up in the routines of life that you don't stop to think about what is special in every day.  We both would have forgotten if our daughter hadn't remembered.

0 comments:

Post a Comment