Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Keeping Up With Our Grandson

For the past 2 days, I've had to rise and shine and run around keeping appts. and getting errands done, and I've had to take Benjamin with me, this always turns in to an expensive outing whenever he's along, as he is very persuasive and can talk me into buying the strangest things!  Yesterday we heard on TV that it was National Pancake Day, so we decided we'd get up and go to IHOP for breakfast - we were sure we'd get free pancakes, or all-you-can-eat pancakes at least.  But they weren't even aware that it was National Pancake Day.  In fact, they'd never heard of it!  Could we have been wrong??  Did the television lead us astray?  Who knows?  Has anyone out there ever heard of National Pancake Day?

Anyway, I ended up having French toast, and Benjamin had his usual chocolate chip "smiley face" pancake.  Yum!   After that we went over and spent an hour just browsing through Hastings Book Store.  That is such a neat place, and I can always find a good book to buy.  He found two Stephen King books and this ridiculous black fur-lined hat with ear flaps that he hasn't taken off in two days, except when we make him.  He'd sleep in it if we'd let him.  The weather has been really warm lately, so this fascination with this hat made for Alaska just escapes me.  He thinks he looks totally cool in it.  Pre-teens are so strange! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I have heard of National Pancake Day!! Check out this link for all the days of the year!! Haha
http://www.oshel.com/everyday.htm

Lynn

Post a Comment