Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, April 28, 2011

TORNADO ALLEY!! A NIGHT OF FEAR

Today I'm writing to you sitting in a Krystal Restaurant because it has wireless internet connection AND electricity.  Like many others here in the S.E. US, last night was a night of devastating storms and tornadoes.  We live in a mobile home at the top of a hill, and at 6:30 last night, the weather warnings advised that the bad weather was imminent, so we headed down the hill to my mother-in-laws sturdy brick rancher home.  She's 96 and mostly blind, so I'm sure she was comforted by the fact that we were there because, I'm telling you, the truth, never have I been through storms like we had last night!  We were spared any tornadoes touchinng down, but the hail was ping-pong ball sized and more like jagged rocks than the little moth balls we usually see.  All the windows on one side of our church were broken - just from the large hail.  It was one storm after another, and, of course we lost our electricity.  It's almost 24 hours later, and we still don't have the electricity back on.  I am going to be totally pissed if I don't get to watch the Royal Wedding!

We all survived the storm with minimal damage, one tree down.  Let us all pray for those families in Alabama who lost so much.  The internet pictures I've seen have shown massive devastation.  Bye for now Peeps.  Hope I get my electricity back soon.

3 comments:

jen said...

Glad to hear your ok...hope you get back your power soon.
hugs,jen

flowerdisco said...

same here but my heart breaks with such destruction. i wonder what is next.

i am setting my alarm for the wedding. hopefully i will get up to see every bit of it and you too. :)

Pat N. said...

So glad to hear you're okay and there's no destruction to your home. How scary.

Post a Comment