Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What I've Learned About the Cricut Imagine



Both my 5 and 6 year old grandsons just love Sponge Bob Squarepants and all of his goofy underwater friends. The one featured above is "Plankton", who looks like a big dill pickle with spiney antennae. Anyway, while the 5 year old was visiting us this past week-end, he had me make various things with my Cricut Imagine, and we had a good time - until we got into the Sponge Bob cartridge. I found out a very important thing about the Imagine. When using the regular cartridges (not the Imagine ones), make the figures large, because it cannot accurately print and then cut a small intricate figure. Sponge Bob I printed and cut at 5-1/2 inches with no problem, but when I tried to cut Plankton at 3-1/2, it was a mess. The cuts on the arms and antennae were so skinny that they didn't even cut completely, and the narrow part of his face didn't cut right either. I just didn't want to bother with different color papers, and the big figure turned out really good. But it's back to the regular Expression for small figures. They are cute, though, aren't they?
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment