Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

THE DREADED DENTAL APPOINTMENT

I don't know why I'm so afraid of going to the dentist, but I am, and today I had to go have a crown replaced, because I have gotten a cavity under my existing crown.  What a dirty trick!  My dentist knows how fearful I am of such trips, so he prescribes me a Valium to take one hour before my appointment. That really does help make the whole thing bearable.    My appt. was at 3:00 this afternoon, and, here it is almost 9:00 at night, and my left lower lip is still so numb I still can't eat without taking a chunk out of it.  I've given up trying.  He must have really given me some powerful stuff!  What did me in was the mention of a root canal.  Just the thought of having to have one makes me weak! 
Apparently the cavity had gotten close to the nerve of my tooth, so I might end up with an infection - in which case, the dreaded ROOT CANAL will be necessary.  Yikes!!  I've never had one, but I've heard horror stories about them.  I think I'm going to have to have general anesthesia if I need one.  The dentist said that if my tooth hasn't begun to hurt badly by the third day, I'm safe.  I'm praying that that is the case.  In the mean time, since we still have no TV,  I shall be in my craft room.  Wish me good healing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment