Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, July 17, 2011

FRONT VIEW OF CARD


I spent this afternoon designing and making a card for The Pink Stamper's Design Challenge. It had to include the colors turquoise, green, brown , and orange, and then one more optional color - which I chose as yellow. It could be any paper project, but I chose to make a card. Here's the recipe:
1. Cut a piece of base cardstock 5-1/2" x 12". I chose turquoise as my base color.
2. Score the cardstock (starting at the bottom) across at 1", 2", 4", 6", and 9". This is because it's an accordion card.
3. Cut a 2-3/4" x 5-3/4" piece of a different cardstock and turn under top and bottom and (L) end to form a pocket. I used the yellow striped paper for this.
4. Glue the strip of paper by the folded edges right above the 6" line you have scored (2nd line from the top). This forms the pocket for a "sentiment strip" you're going to put in it.
5. Cut another strip slightly smaller than the first one (I used gold paper) and add a pull tag to it. Stamp an appropriate sentiment on it. This will fit all the way inside the pocket, except for the pull tab.
6. On the bottom 1" score fold I stamped a sentiments also.
7. On the 2" - 4" space I put a cupcake cut from the Cricut cartridge "From My Kitchen" and popped it up with Pop Dots. This cupcake had a cherry on top, but I left that off and hand cut a turquoise candle instead. The embellishment is a flower from K & Co.
8. The next layer I covered with yellow striped paper and green paper cut in a scallop at the top edge.
9. The turquoise "happy birthday" was cut with the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge at 1-1/2". I used the negative image of the letters instead of the letters themselves and put a piece of white cardstock behind them. This piece of paper was added separately to the top of the card,while the last fold (as can be seen in the last photo) actually supports the card in the back.
10. I added Stickles to the cupcake and the flame in the candle to give it some "Bling".
All print paper was from Echo Park "Springtime" collection, while the solid papers were Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Missy said...

I really like the style of your card and all the details you were able to add to it, it looks great!! And I LOVE the title of your blog!!! :) Good luck!!!

Melissa said...

Thank for your comment on my blog! I love your card, I like the style of it, its different! good luck with the challange.

Dawnica said...

Very cute card, and very eye catching! Great job!
www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

Post a Comment