Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, August 7, 2011

OUR OLDEST GRANDSON TURNS 13

We went to Mt. Juliet this week-end to celebrate our oldest grandson, Benjamin, turning 13 - a true teenager now!   His football team was taking part in a Jamboree.  Actually, he turns 13 this coming week, but since school has already started, his family celebrated this week-end.  He's such a great kid, and he was our first, and only, grandchild for over 6 years.  He calls us "Grammy" and "Papaw", and we just thought the sun  rose and set with him when he was a little guy.  Now we have three more grandchildren, and everyone of them is just as special.  What does the world hold for the children of today?  I pray that he is prepared to battle the temptations and disappointments of the teen years and chooses his friends carefully.  Benjamin plays football, but right now he is mostly warming the bench, and I know he longs to be out on the field.  But we must keep our mouths shut, and let things work out as they will, when what I'd really like to do is throttle the coach until he gives all the boys a chance to play.  It was a jamboree, and he could have done that.  Those are the kinds of disappointments that he has to learn to deal with, I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment