Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, August 12, 2011

AN UPDATE ON MY MONARCH PROJECT

I have about 6 monarch caterpillars now, and the biggest one has started to go into his chrysalis (I'll try to get a picture of him tomorrow).  He'll stay that way for about 2 weeks, and then he should come out and be a full-fledged monarch butterfly.  I hope he makes it before we go on vacation on August 27th.  That would be a bummer to wait and wait and then miss the transformation!  My other little creepy crawlers are scattered out on my various milkweed plants munching away, and they'll probably mature and be gone soon too.  Hopefully, they'll mate and lay eggs on the plants that they fed on, and this last generation of the summer will hatch out, and these will be the butterflies that migrate to Mexico for the winter.  Then, if I'm lucky, some of these butteflies will live to fly back to where they hatched, and the process will start all over again.  It's kind of miraculous, isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment