Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, September 1, 2011

THE OFFICIAL END OF SUMMER

Even though the weather is still hot, the days are getting shorter, and I'm feeling some fall in the air in the early mornings.  I hate it!!  I am not a winter person.  Here in east Tennessee, the winter days are gray, damp, and dreary - as well as cold.  Last year was the coldest winter I can remember in a long time, and we certainly had our fair share of snow.  Of course, it's not like we have to put up with the weather that Chicago or Minnesota has, but the sun just doesn't shine much, and I get depressed.  We do still have fall to go, though, and that's usually pretty with nice, crisp weather, but after Thanksgiving, it's all down hill.  Even Christmas has gotten to be such a hassle that you can't enjoy it.  I sound like The Grinch, don't I?  What I'd really like to do is spend about 6 weeks down in Florida with my oldest daughter and her family, but, now that I'm going to be working part-time, I probably won't be able to do that.  I'm going to be doing prn industrial nursing at one of the ALCOA Aluminum Co. plants here in our area.  The pay is good, and I'll get to pick the days and shifts I want to work.  I'm leaning towards the 3-11 P.M. shift.  That way I won't have to cook supper.  LOL!  I do plan to keep doing my paper projects, though. 

I hope you all have a safe and fun Labor Day week-end.  Until next time.....

1 comments:

tnscrapper said...

I would trade spots with you. You can come over here in West Tennessee for six weeks!!! :) I do remember last winter being extremely cold here, although we don't get that much snow, people freak out when it does happen.

Love your blog, congrats on the PRN part time nursing job. See you back over on Paper Phenomenon.


Marilyn C.

Post a Comment