Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, February 9, 2012

GRANNY DIDN'T HAVE MINI-STROKES AFTER ALL.

After 3 or more trips to doctors, 2 C-T scans and a chest X-Ray, we have found out that my sweet little 96 year old mother-in-law ("Granny") has multiple tumors on the right side of her brain - most likely metastatic from an unknown primary site.  What a blow!!  We can no longer leave her by herself at all, as she is getting worse day after day, and now she is getting headaches.  It is truly heart-breaking, as  she has always been a healthy, self-sufficient lady - never sick.  The doctor talked to her face-to-face today and told her what had been found, but I don't think she understood.   We have hired a wonderful caregiver to come in and stay from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. every week-day.  Then one of us stays from 4 P.M. until she goes to bed at 9:00.  My husband is the one who sleeps there at night most of the time.  Of course, there is still the brother who is too selfish to give up his play time on the week-ends, but we are sort of working around him and getting on with it. 
Our youngest daughter  and her family came over from Nashville for 2 days to spend time with Granny, and that's when we got the bad news from the doctor.  Our other daughter is flying in from Florida tomorrow.  Please pray for our little Granny that what time she has left is lived surrounded by her loved ones in relative comfort.  Thanks!

2 comments:

Boots And Bling Time said...

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear this. It is so hard. Just found your blog from your videos on YouTube. Hang in there! Praying for you and your family.

laurakim said...

Thanks so much for you prayers. Things are really tough right now.

Post a Comment