Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, February 12, 2012

VALENTINE'S CARD - FRONT VIEW


I made this pretty accordion-fold card tonight for The Pink Stamper's Blog Hop (which started last night), and I thought I'd share it with you, along with the instructions: 
   1.  Cut a 5 1/2" x 12" piece of plain cardstock (I used white).
   2.  With a score-pal or a scorer of some type, score at 1", 2", 4", 6" and 9".  The 9" piece is the top.
   3.  Fold top down, next piece up, alternating (see picture).
   4.  Cover the folded areas with decorative paper.
   5.  To make the little pocket for the message, cut a plain piece of cardstock 2 3/4" x 5 3/4".
   6.  Fold both long sides and one short side in 1/4" and glue on the folded areas.  Place piece on second space from the top with the opening facing the right. 
    7.  Cut another piece of plain card stock small enough to fit inside this pocket - about 2 1/4"x 5 1/2" and attach a small tab or ribbon (I used a pink ribbon) for a pulley.  Insert this with your message inside the pocket you have made.
    8.  Decorate the folds with some hearts and other embellishments so they stick out a little over the top of each fold.  Enjoy!!
Hugs, Judy

3 comments:

Missy said...

This is a great card---the accordian fold looks terrific and so do all the details you added!! Thanks for joining us in the My Pink Stamper Pinkalicious Blog Hop this month!! Oh,and I always think when I visit your blog, you have to have the best blog name out there!!

Meesh said...

LOVE this fold! SUPER cute details & colors! Thank you for joining in on the fun at My Pink Stamper's Pinkalicious Blog Hop! :o)

Michelle

Judy G. said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Post a Comment