Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

COME SHOP WITH ME!

Me

Me
What Do I Buy Next?

About Me

My Photo
Judy G.
I was raised in South Florida back in the years when it was a peaceful and wonderfully safe place to live. We lived a mile from the beach and could ride our bikes over the intercoastal bridge right to the best beach around. All my years of growing up I was a competitive swimmer and belonged to AAU. I granduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in nursing. I am recently retired but I'm thinking of going back to work to support my hobbies.
View my complete profile

I'm So Glad You Stopped By

">Blogaholic Designs”=

Followers

Comments Brighten My Day

Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, March 16, 2012

DOWN IN FLORIDA FOR SPRING BREAK

My 8 year old grandaughter, Abigail, and I are currently in Florida for her spring break.  The plane ride down on Allegiant Air was disasterous!!  Actually, it wasn't the ride itself, it was the fact that the flight was delayed for 4 hours.  We were supposed to leave at 6:20 P.M., but we didn't leave until 11:00 P.M.  There's only so much you can do to entertain at 8 year old at an airport, so at 8:00 I called my husband to come pick us up and take us home.  We only live 10 minutes from the airport, so he was there in no time.  By then it was 8:00, so I put Abby to bed in her traveling clothes for a nap while I sat on the couch with my husband and relaxed for a while.  Finally, a little after 9:00 we headed back to the airport to wait out the rest of the time. (I was afraid that the plane would arrive and leave us behind because we weren't there).  Bless Abby's heart - she was such a little trooper and never did get as grouchy as I did.  We finally landed in Ft. Lauderdale at 12:30 A.M.  Then we had a long car ride up to Jupiter, and got there at 2:00.  I finally collapsed in bed at 3:00.  What a disaster that trip was!!  But, by the next day of sleeping late, we had recovered, and it's been great ever since - lots of  time in the pool.  I think we're going to Disney World over the week-end for 3 days.  It's spring break, so every kid in the world ought to be there.  Oh well, time for bed.  Love to all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment